Friday, January 7, 2011

Cake and grief counseling will be available at the end of the testing period.

OK, here is the main lesson for today: Romanians are gigantic liars. Or at least, the Romanian that I married is. I had been told that Io's saint day was like a casual thing, where people drop by throughout the day to say hello and happy saint day and drop off a small present. What really happens is that this is like an all-day party. It starts a little before noon and goes until about midnight. I don't think I have had a 12-hour birthday celebration unless you add my last 12 birthdays together. And this isn't even her real birthday!

But everyone had a lot of fun. There were lots of toasts with tuica (that Romanian home-made liquor), much food to be had, laughter, merriment, setting of dogs upon children, and of course, cake.


Some photos from the happy event:
























Gagi, godmother Cati, and her daughter Ana

Tania



















Gagi, family friend Mihai, and his son Paul




















Me wearing a ridiculous dog head to play with the kids. For some reason this was a huge hit.


Io and Light Roxanne



















Godfather Ovi and Ana



















Io, friend Stefan, and the most honored guest: a bottle of tuica (poor Io was only allowed to hold the bottle)

So there you go. A good time was had by all. Or at least, I assume so. I couldn't follow any of the conversations. A good time was had by me, at least. I got cake. And also got to pretend to be a giant dog and terrorize small children.

One other thing I liked: remember these two kids playing ball in the wedding photos?



Some things never change:


No comments:

Post a Comment