Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Keep on Swimming, Keep on Swimming... *


Faithful readers know why.
Dreaded moment came, daddy and his chick had to say goodbye, lions and his owls had to say goodbye, the whole world caved in on us in spite of our best efforts to use ration as a shield. And they told me that "the program policies and foreign relations outweight" THIS. The nerve!
I insisted on taking pictures this morning before departure, in tears and all, because while taking the picture one (me) has the sense of holding on to something. No, it didn't work, the plane still took off. But I'm posting them pictures anyway!
Memories of painful days soon to be over...


I hope one day my son will ask (from the height of his presidential office) "Why was that necessary?", and then maybe the world will change a little bit for the better. Until then that's what he had to say :

"Off with their heads!"

So here we are, all by ourselves, and very very sad, with no blog savvy daddy to report on our daily progress and cuteness. In order to straighten a bit of the harm done, mommy will try to supply the essential news and moves, at least as much as the king related duties will allow ...

So today One man's search becomes officially One woman's search, and I'm afraid Dracula is no longer top of the 'most wanted' list. As you might have noticed in the last three months, this blog is definitely a dedicated Gabriel site. Well done Gabi, down with these occidental myths!

And this is my new office - the computer will keep us in touch, and your spot warm, lions :(


One change that, I'm sure, will not shock anyone is that my hubby's beautiful narratives of exotic flavor, exorcisms and superstitions included, will be replaced by my stammering (is that the right word for Demosthenes's problem?) hasty entries.

Second change will be that I'm going to post waaay more pictures of Gabita cu fundita (formerly Baron von Cute-tail-bow) than his selective daddy did. I'm sure my mother-in-law will think this is a fair trade, and that's all that matters. By the way, thank you for the blankets and onezies, grandma, got the package today. Recipes to follow, on this very blog perhaps, since we have more than one chef in the family :)

And here we go now : PICTURES !


And the third change is that I'm going to add to each post an archive picture of

the Chick and his Daddy :


Pre-moment of Zen, that is:


* For the curious this is a Nemo (the cartoon) reference. My friend who got me into it years ago will surely smile. All the way to America and back, several times, my dear Alina!


4 comments:

  1. I smiled indeed...but it was a bitter smile. You know, over the time I have placed this quotation in a context: the mentioned endeavour depends on the "quality" of the pile of shit you are forced to swim in.... Well, the INS has done a pretty "great" job here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Who said that Kafka's world didn't exist??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a reference :-D

    http://youtu.be/cxB_TemN1pc

    Dory: Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you've gotta do?
    Marlin: No I don't wanna know.
    Dory: [singing] Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
    Marlin: Dory, no singing.
    Dory: [continuing] Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho. I love to swim. When you want to swim you want to swim.
    Marlin: Now I'm stuck with that song... Now it's in my head.
    Dory: Sorry.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266543/quotes?qt=qt0396998

    ReplyDelete
  4. The entire month of June's posts made me cry. I wish Gabe were president NOW so he could fix this, presto, chango!
    -Emilene

    ReplyDelete